Monday, June 17, 2013

[Skyrim: Dragonborn] Part 8 - Back to Skyrim!

I was too homesick at the point I last posted to stay in Soltsheim, so I headed back to Skyrim. After a tearful reunion with my horse, I headed to Winstad Manor to build my house some more: the ultimate homecoming. I ended up killing a named dragon (Nahagliiv). Somewhere around there was where I left off for a few months, and then I was finally ready to head back to Soltsheim.

Or not.

Yesterday, I began with the intention of finishing up a couple of quests-- J'zargo's scrolls, mainly. But I decided to travel by horseback from Whiterun to Winterhold, a perilous journey at the best of times. I ended up being attacked by a pack of wolves, snow bears, bandits, and Viinturuth, and got to see Alduin raise him.

Then I was attacked by a regular dragon. Whose soul was stolen by Miraak.

Then by an Elder Dragon.

In the middle of everything, I 1) accidentally killed Meeko and Vorstag, and had to go back multiple saves, kill Viinturuth three times, and finally console command Meeko back to life 2) fell off several gigantic mountains while blinded by snowstorms, 3) was threatened by both Stormcloaks and the Thalmor just for walking too close, and 4) was booted off by Steam updating just after finishing a battle I'd already done multiple times due accidentally killing companions. Oh, and an assassin attack.

High point: the waves near Winterhold, which I think might actually be one of my mods.

I ended up journeying to Solitude, somehow, while running Winterhold quests, and left off quitting quickly after the Imperials attacked me just for entering Castle Dour. Glitch? Anger due to killing multiple Thalmor, a lot? Whatever it was, that is where I am today, stuck in Solitude outside of Castle Dour, needing to go in for a quest but unable to.

I still love Skyrim more than Soltsheim. It's good to be home.

-- 136 hours in

No comments:

Post a Comment