Sunday, September 15, 2013

[FFXIV] Crafting and Gathering Classes

My dear little cat looks smug, doesn't she?

Most of my time the last couple of days has been spent leveling up Conjurer. It is something of a grind, but so far, isn't horribly painful. Mixing FATEs, Hunting Logs, and Class Quests will get the player to level 15 on an alt class without any trouble. I am currently level 12 or 13 on Conjurer, I believe, so I officially have Raise. I do wish that Conjurer had better damage dealing attacks; alternatively, I would like a Necromancer class to be one of its branches. That would be awesome.

After I finished with Conjurer-- not yet done with the latest Hunting Log, and after that I should be able to get the level 15 Class Quest, but done for now, anyway-- I decided to work on the crafting and gathering classes to see what's the what. I tried out Leatherworking, Culinarian, and Fishing. Leatherworking and Culinarian are both crafting; they are fairly simple: press 1 to craft and repeat, using various components, etc. Culinarian costs more to buy the components of, which is actually the reason I decided to try Fishing, since I was hoping to fish up some components. Leatherworking and Culinarian both leave the player pretty much on their own to figure out what to do next. There is no guild questline or anything, really, though. Essentially, in the beginning at least, the questline goes: craft one item for the guildmaster to prove you can do it. Slog your way through your entire crafting log, and then you have another quest, which is similar to the first. It doesn't provide much space to actually level up while working on the Class Quest, which is unfortunate. It will be... a while... until I am able to actually craft something wearable on my main class. I am somewhat worried about how much all of the materials cost, and will have to look into the prices of everything to see if its worth it. Logically, it should be, but perhaps not for Culinarian, since so far, I don't often use food in-game.

My Harvest Moon playing soul adores fishing. As does my Pokémon playing soul. It works exactly like in those two games, more or less, except you can choose your bait. Bait, cast, reel: nice and easy. Different areas, baits, and probably rods, yield different fish. The quests given for this class are much better than Culinarian or Leatherworking. The goal for the first quest is to gather five of a certain kind of fish, similar to kill X amount of mob. That means that I had to spend a decent amount of time fishing, which seemed more productive than the time I spent Leatherworking or Culinarianing. I'm entirely certain that's the right verb, yes, Culinarianing.

Ivi'lea'hi Rhiki, Goblin.

P.S. Oh hey saw this lizard thing in Limsa Lominsa. New race sometime?

Bangaa?

1 comment:

  1. It looks like an Ixali Very nasty things... Considering they are worshipers of Garuda... I don't think they will become playable. And considering that Limsa Lominsa is perhaps the most open City-State it deosn't surprise me that they are there.

    ReplyDelete