Thursday, September 18, 2014

Skyrim's Wandering Naturalist

At the end of July, I started a rolled a new character in Skyrim. Gasp and egads, you say! I've since logged 28 hours as the Bosmer Ella.

Essentially, I didn't set out to just do another play through with different combat style, what have you. What I wanted to do when I made Ella was work on systematically recording the flora, fauna, and geology of Skyrim. I'm currently working on Skyrim's Wandering Naturalist, which is a blog chronicling all of those things, paying close attention to almost everything in the game. I'm tracking precisely where I'm finding certain alchemical ingredients, specifically which hold and elevation. I'm mapping out the ore deposits, ruins, etc, and I'm hoping to figure out where all of the dragon lairs, mounds, and feeding grounds are, since they always occur together.

Essentially, I'm taking Skyrim very, very seriously.

This is also a fresh playthrough with the DLC installed, which means that certain events are occurring more naturally, and it seems like a much more coherent game for it. I do posts for every play session, so I keep close track of the background of quests and various family relationships, which makes the game seem much deeper than not paying attention to such things would. Basically, check it out.

Skyrim's Wandering Naturalist awaits you.

No comments:

Post a Comment