Tuesday, October 18, 2011

HP Pavilion p7-1037c and Buy.com


What is this? Why, it's a box.


 It's an HP box. (Hint, it belongs to me.) I woke up this morning to find that the computer I ordered from Buy.com on the 16th was already at my doorstep. After finishing walking the dog, I scurried back upstairs with my coffee and my extremely heavy box.

But what's this? I clearly remember ordering a p7-1057. WTF? I said, eyebrows furrowing. The specs seem to be exactly the same, but... hey, there's more ram! Best mistake ever.

That being said, despite quick service and having an unexpected upgrade, it's probably not good that they didn't send me the right computer. Well, I knew what I was getting into when I ordered from them, and this is probably the best mistake they could possibly make.

I have a rather profound love of box opening, thus why I took pictures. But the computer is kind of awesome. It was pretty cheap and has an AMD Athlon II 645 Quad-Core Processor, 8GB ram, 1TB hard drive, and an ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics. It can, by the way, actually run Fable III, even though it's at Very Low. (Yes, I'm updating the graphics card as soon as it arrives, whereupon it will be a GeForce GTX 260. Oh. Wait. Hey, UPS says it's at the door. BRB.)

Gawd damn it, why didn't I think to check the wattage requirements beforehand? Moreover, why weren't they anywhere on the specs? >:(

Anyway. I am in love with Windows 7 and this computer. It runs quietly and everything loads very quickly. The built-in wireless makes everything super convenient.

Now, if only the wattage was higher than 250w power supply when I need 550w for the graphics card, I would be overjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment