Friday, September 6, 2013

[FFXIV] Changing Classes/Cross-Training

This is the best armor for my level and class. This.
FFXIV continues to work and be awesome, with no server or loading issues. I've continued to work on quests. I've run out of sidequests around Gridania, besides Guildleves, but managed to successfully fill my level 2 hunting log and did an extremely frustrating Guildleve called The Transporter. In my travels, I ended up setting a new home point in the East Shroud, due to it being gorgeous. I swear I'll take some screenshots of it, but I keep accidentally pressing F12 instead of printscreen because I'm used to Steam. Sigh.


An update on switching classes: switching classes is very, very similar to 4 Heroes of Light. In 4 Heroes, the player would switch his or her "hat." Here, you just switch your main weapon. Saving gear sets (armor, etc) in the character profile screen enables classes to be switched on the fly without ending up naked, though skills have a powering up period after doing that, so its unwise to do in a battle situation. Leveling up a second class is a pain. There is an armory bonus which gives a percentage boost in XP the greater the discrepancy is between main class and alt class, and with hunting logs and class quests, I managed to muddle through to level 7 on Conjurer before getting bored. It's also possible for some quests to do them as your main class, then switch to your alt class before talking to the quest giver-- similar to switching out Pokémon for XP gain. I got a decent number of abilities in the time I put into Conjurer, however-- Conjuring is really fun, for the record, but the casting times and how easy interruptions are is a pain. I don't want it changed, because I think it's practical, but it requires a different kind of battle strategy than my normal bow routine does. Anyway, I can now Cure even when an Archer. WIN! FTW! Going to try Leatherworking next to see how the crafting classes work.

Went up a couple of levels and now based in the gorgeous East Shroud, where there are still monsters that can provide me with a challenge. Going to level up to 18 before continuing my main quests (storyline and class). Also, I've put on pants for decency. I don't care if it's not the best armor-- the Subligar/panties (first image this post) made absolutely no sense as armor. Ugh. At least the bra/"Leather Harness" gives me freedom of movement for bow work.

Ivi'lea'hi Rhiki, Goblin, Miqo'te Archer, Level 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment